On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
#43174 by PointsWell
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 am
Please please please can we have an explicit SAVE function that can be called from processes.

I am tying myself up in knots trying to work around not being able to force a save.

If I use a SAVE with Execute process after save, I lose the ability to direct the output to a default location.

Alternatively please allow the specifying of the Output when Execute process after a save.
#43181 by tford
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:19 pm
Would it work for you to tick "auto-save when form is closed or abandoned"?
#43186 by PointsWell
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 pm
I tried setting a yes no field to save on change but it doesn't allow a 'quiet' save.

The form doesn't get abandoned or closed.

The HTML route whilst an option is going to result in a hybrid mishmash of coding.

It seems (to me anyway) that a save function is a fundamental one.
#43187 by tford
Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:18 pm
If you describe your scenario more fully instead of what option might solve it, perhaps we could offer a work around.

At the moment, I'm not grasping what you are trying to do.
#43189 by PointsWell
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:05 am
Sorry Tom, I didn't really expect anyone to offer a work around as I'd posted this in the wish list.

I've worked out another work around for what I had in mind, so I'm really just expressing a wish to be able to save things explicitly.
#43190 by tford
Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:10 am
Oops .. didn't notice it was in the wish list section.