[IMPLEMENTED / PART] Conditional Mandatory Attributes

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
PointsWell

[IMPLEMENTED / PART] Conditional Mandatory Attributes

Post by PointsWell »

At the moment to make an attribute conditionally mandatory I am using Business Rules to generate Error Messages but this only helps the user when they come to save the object.

It would be useful if it were possible to give a visual indicator to the user that can be switched on when the condition comes into play and off when it is no longer applicable.

Implemented as a presentation rule. Presentation rules are not dynamic, so for first creation does not always work as intended

See also https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 006#p45006
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat May 22, 2021 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
tford

Re: Conditional Mandatory Attributes

Post by tford »

You can provide the conditional indicator yourself with dynamic rules.

Here is an example of a form that turns a filter criteria box yellow if it is used & also displays the "Clear Filters" link only if one of the filters is used.
conditional.jpg
conditional.jpg (28.13 KiB) Viewed 8172 times
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
PointsWell

Re: Conditional Mandatory Attributes

Post by PointsWell »

Agreed that is a suitable work around. Maybe my request would be better worded more generally as access to BO Attribute settings via Business Rules as using the Conditional formatting creates multiple visual metaphors and cues (unless you don't use the Value Must Be Provided checkbox at all and instead rely on Conditional formatting).

From an entirely untested point of view it seems that there are more keystrokes and interactions to using conditional formatting than would be required via a business rule - I'm just mentally thinking it out, I haven't actually tested it.