Branding

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
ddumas

Branding

Post by ddumas »

There really should be a video on branding, which shows very common usage examples of HTML / css for logos, etc in a banner, menu item, top bar, form panel, message box, etc. We are not all HTML and CSS experts, so a video with real examples would go a long way.
Dave
hpl123

Re: Branding

Post by hpl123 »

ddumas wrote:There really should be a video on branding, which shows very common usage examples of HTML / css for logos, etc in a banner, menu item, top bar, form panel, message box, etc. We are not all HTML and CSS experts, so a video with real examples would go a long way.
Dave
I think most of us felt the same way when starting to use Aware and with time we learn the custom design stuff. I have spent countless hours learning and focused in on UI/UX as I felt that was the one thing Aware was lacking (2013, Aware today is a lot better in this area). If you need work done with UI/UX I and several others are available if you want a faster route than tinkering and learning yourself. Here is some of the stuff I've done and also gives you an idea of what is possible if you put in the time/effort:
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... app#p47238
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
ddumas

Re: Branding

Post by ddumas »

Thanks - I see that there is a link to a lot of really cool images, but I see nothing in the way of learning html / css to enhance an app. For my learning path, I would like to learn how to use html / css to make everything that "surounds" the app look better. Let's call that "lipstick" :) I feel the "lipstick" piece could be done in a video - I would certainly pay for it. I have even asked for a really good end to end "from the ground up" REST video, and would be willing to pay hundreds of dollars for that. But in it's absence in both these areas, I will either pay someone, or learn it myself, as you say. After that, then maybe, I would look to learn enough javascript to be able to "tweak" the awareIM widgets. But frankly..... we should not have to do that piece. IMO, the vast majority of that should really be part of software enhancements.