[IMPLEMENTED] Business Rules on Forms

On this forum you can see a list of new features requested by users and you can also cast your own vote (you need to login to vote).
PointsWell

[IMPLEMENTED] Business Rules on Forms

Post by PointsWell »

At the moment business rules relate to the Business Objects but some of my rules apply only at specific times (I.e. when I am using a specific form). I’d like to apply specific rules to specific forms.

IMPLEMENTED Via Presentation Rules
Last edited by PointsWell on Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
customaware

Re: Business Rules on Forms

Post by customaware »

Jon,

If you have specific conditions that dictate which form is displayed, why can’t you use the same conditions for a BO rule?
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

eagles9999 wrote:Jon,

If you have specific conditions that dictate which form is displayed, why can’t you use the same conditions for a BO rule?
Doesn't give the user a visual hint that the field is mandatory. Can only give them a REPORT ERROR after the event.
tford

Post by tford »

Doesn't give the user a visual hint that the field is mandatory.
You can conditionally place text on a form (like a red * for mandatory, etc) by having a rule that conditionally & dynamically puts that text in an attribute on the BO. I usually display this type of text in an HTML slot on the form.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres