More advanced search options existed in the 1990s! I should at least be able to search for a string using quotes. I tried to search for "IS NEW", but the quotes were removed and IS was ignored (along with case sensitivity - I'd like that as an option).Place + in front of a word which must be found and - in front of a word which must not be found. Put a list of words separated by | into brackets if only one of the words must be found. Use * as a wildcard for partial matches.
I know you're busy building 8.1, so here's my proposal - Engage the community in a open source challenge to build a forum using AIM.
Yes, I remember reading on some post that it's not easy to build a forum and reasons were listed for why that is. I just tried finding that post and failed. Here are my reasons for building it in AIM:
1) It can be done well in AIM, right? Gosh, I hope so.
2) It can be used as a demonstration app for prospective buyers to show-off AIM capabilities/performance using a real world dataset. I've seen so many questions regarding AIM's performance capability. With over 44K posts, this would go a long way to addressing them.
3) It can serve as another reference for building our own apps.
4) We can use/fork it for our own forums.
5) The AIM forum will keep pace with change.
6) It will be fun!
Has anyone already built a forum using AIM? We could use that as a jumping-off point.