HTML cell button leaves off the applicability condition

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

HTML cell button leaves off the applicability condition

Post by JonP »

If you create an HTML cell in a form section and select the button feature, entering a condition into "applicable when" does not incorporate that condition.

As a workaround, I attempted to manually enter it into the HTML using the following in red based on what I learned about applicability from exporting to XML, but I get a syntax error.

<button class="k-primary aw_custom_form_button" data-ref="<operation name="View Primary Reason" type="start_process" operand="ViewReasonFromForm" parameters="AssertionReason" applicability_condition="AssertionReason.PrimaryReason.Name <> &apos;&apos; AND (InitiativeCondition.Initiative.Sponsor=LoggedInPerson OR LoggedInPerson.Role.Conditions=&apos;Responsible (Full)&apos;)" image_cls="fa fa-edit" display_text="false"> <description>View Primary Reason</description> </operation>">
</button>

I got ID>0 instead of Name<>'' (shown below) to not give me a syntax error, but it still doesn't hide the button:

<button class="k-primary aw_custom_form_button" data-ref="<operation name="View Primary Reason" type="start_process" operand="ViewReasonFromForm" parameters="AssertionReason" applicability_condition="AssertionReason.PrimaryReason.ID>0 AND (InitiativeCondition.Initiative.Sponsor=LoggedInPerson OR LoggedInPerson.Role.Conditions=&apos;Responsible (Full)&apos;)" image_cls="fa fa-edit" display_text="false"> <description>View Primary Reason</description> </operation>">
</button>
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
Jaymer

Re: HTML cell button leaves off the applicability condition

Post by Jaymer »

easiest to use a SECTION START around it...

<<IF Invoice.Status='Approved' or Invoice.Status='Scheduled' AND Invoice.ps_Ticket.TicketNum IS UNDEFINED THEN SHOW SECTION_START>>
<button onClick="AwareApp.startProcessFromForm ('CreateTicket','new_tab', this, false)" type="button" class="MyButton" role="button"><i class="fa fa-ticket">&nbsp;&nbsp;</i> Create Ticket</button>
<<SECTION_END>>

<<IF Invoice.ps_Ticket.TicketNum IS DEFINED THEN SHOW SECTION_START>>
<button onClick="AwareApp.startProcessFromForm ('ViewTicket','new_tab', this, false)" type="button" class="MyButton" role="button"><i class="fa fa-ticket">&nbsp;&nbsp;</i> View Ticket</button>
<<SECTION_END>>

This shows a CREATE TICKET button when there isn't one, and later, only a VIEW TICKET button.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
JonP

Post by JonP »

Good thought, Jaymer, but I'm afraid that using sections doesn't address my particular use case (which I neglected to identify). I'm placing buttons next to certain relationship attributes that they operate on.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

JonP wrote:I'm afraid that using sections doesn't address my particular use case (which I neglected to identify). I'm placing buttons next to certain relationship attributes that they operate on.
OK, I'm not arguing, but I don't get it.
If you can already make an HTML cell work (alignment, columns, etc.), then I don't see the difference between using
AIM's builtin way to hide a HTML button (which u can't get to work), and
SECTION_START to hide the same button.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
JonP

Post by JonP »

There are two times when I should not reply to email, right after I get up and right before I go to sleep. I should get a tattoo with that statement like in Memento.

In my sleepiness, I assumed that section start/end affected the whole row. And in my laziness I did not bother to try your solution, which is actually more elegant than what I was trying to do since I have four buttons, two of which will always be hidden.

Also, your solution allows me to use IS [UN]DEFINED, which I don't believe the applicability condition allows me to do.

Sorry about that and thanks for the beautiful hack!
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Glad it worked for you - but its not a hack.
Mark Bailey copied & pasted that code to me a while back. Nifty.
jaymer...

Jaymer