Additional forms in a BO "slip"

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Additional forms in a BO "slip"

Post by JonP »

I've waited a week to report on this to get a better handle on its behaviour, but I still don't have a good handle on it. If I have more than one form for a BO and I make a change to that form or to something else in the BO, one of two things can happen.

1. The name of the form gets renamed to the form above it (more common).
2. The entire form is replaced by the form above it (less common - but infuriating when it happens).

I've lost count how many times (1) happens. (2) has happened a handful of times. It can be triggered by any number of things, including changes to a form property, changes to a form section, changes to attributes, and possibly changes to rules. In other words, practically every time I save, I have to check the forms tab to see if one or more forms in the BO has slipped.

It may be superstition, but when it gets bad, I restart the configurator/control panel and that seems to stabilize the BO to some degree (or I could be imagining that).
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
Jaymer

Re: Additional forms in a BO "slip"

Post by Jaymer »

Are you sure you're on the latest, or one of the latest V8 versions?
This sounds Vaguely Familiar from Bugs I saw early on.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
JonP

Post by JonP »

I downloaded 2363 on the 18th, but build.number in bin says 2364. I noticed a one-digit discrepancy the other time I've checked. I also vaguely remember seeing a fix for this type of issue (but never experienced the issue until now). Scanning changelogs dating back to August I don't see it though.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

you should be fine then, from what i was concerned about. my issue was over a month ago.
i also reported to Vlad the issue with the build #s being 1 version off - cause that file in /bin didn't jive with the version # on the changelog web page (http://awareim.com/changelog/?C=M;O=D;F=2)
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Is there any way for us to reproduce this reliably? We have never seen anything like this before.
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

I wish I could tell you that I have a better handle on it by now, but I don't. It affects certain BOs, but not others. It seems to have died down a lot (maybe 2-3 times a day now) and I haven't had a bad slippage where the whole form gets replaced (not just the form name) since I first reported the issue. When it was rampant, I was making more changes to relationship attributes (converting from parent/child to peer), so maybe that had something to do with it?
JonP

Post by JonP »

Here's two specific examples that just happened:

I have a BO called Solution. In the BO, I have three forms, Main, SolutionElementTree and New. I add a plain text attribute called SolutionKey and save. I go back to the form tab and see that New has slipped to be called Main so that I now have two forms called Main.

Deleting SolutionKey (which I mistakenly added to the wrong BO) and saving also causes New to slip.

I add ElementKey to the BO, SolutionElement (which has two forms, Main and New). After I save and go back to the forms tab, New has slipped to Main.
JonP

Post by JonP »

BSV sent.

Also, just added a section to the Main form in Solution and saved. New slipped to be called Main.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is related to import from XML. Should be fixed in build 2367
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

I exported to XML, did a find/replace on forms in the same BO having the same id, and imported. That fixed the slippage issue, but with an annoying side effect (that pre-existed the latest build):

In every single rule, spaces are added before and after the rule. These spaces grow with every XML export/import. See the screenshot.
Attachments
XML import spaces.png
XML import spaces.png (34.43 KiB) Viewed 24605 times
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The extra spaces problem should be fixed in build 2371
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

Yes, build 2371 cleaned it up! Awesome!