Save/Close and Close/Return both close previous component

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Save/Close and Close/Return both close previous component

Post by JonP »

The form operation buttons Save Form and Close Form exhibit the same issue where when the "Close form after save" and "Return to previous component after close" boxes are checked, the previous component is also closed (but not the component before that).

1. Open either a form or query.
2. Open another form or query.
3. Open a form with panel operation buttons Save (where the close after save option is checked) and Close (where return to previous component is checked).
4. Try closing or saving and see that you return to the 1st component.

I've verified this behaviour with ENTER NEW forms as wells as EDIT/VIEW forms. BTW if you skip step (1), you get a blank tab/panel as you would expect if this close-both behaviour were consistent. Note that I output components to the same panel/tab (I don't like pop-ups for anything except Pick and Display Message). I locate my buttons at the top panel toolbar if that makes a difference.

BSV available upon request.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
JonP

Re: Save/Close and Close/Return both close previous componen

Post by JonP »

I've had more time to investigate this issue and it is definitely related to using an operation to output the form to "Same Panel" instead of "Default" (which generally outputs to the same panel anyway). Somehow outputting to "Same Panel" double-activates "Close form after save" and "Return to previous component".

For what it's worth...
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)