Issues with form preview mode

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Issues with form preview mode

Post by JonP »

I experienced the following issues with creating the attached form in preview mode:

1. I could not update the properties of the form column where you see the timestamp control. I was able to update the column in layout mode.
2. After placed the timestamp control in the 3rd column and merging the 1st and 2nd columns for Factor, I set the column % to 67 for the Factor, and 33 for the timestamp, which produced the opposite effect. Splitting the Factor columns, moving the timestamp to the 2nd column and merging the timestamp columns produced the desired effect.
3. I created a blank row, which I changed to HTML. The merge cells button was greyed-out when that cell was selected. I was able to get it to work by changing to Attribute, merging the cells, then changing back to HTML (but I had to do some cleanup with the 2nd and 3rd cells and re-merge).
4. At some point, 2 additional columns spontaneously generated. Not sure what I did to trigger that.

As best as I can remember, my process for creating the form is as follows:

1. Add 2 columns to make 3.
2. Position the Factor and timestamp in the 1st and 3rd columns.
3. Merge the Factor columns.
4. Merge the Description columns.
5. Position Wording, Importance and Comments in their own columns.
6. Attempt (and fail) to format the timestamp column label position and control width behaviour (fix via layout mode).
7. Attempt (and fail) to set percentages correctly for the Factor and timestamp columns (fix via above approach).
8. Add blank row, set as HTML, populate with text, and attempt (and fail) to merge other columns.
Attachments
Factor survey screenshot.png
Factor survey screenshot.png (83.5 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)