More bugs

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

More bugs

Post by JonP »

The latest builds are feeling much more stable and I'm no longer getting blocked. But having said that, I found a few more bugs.

Disabling a rule doesn't completely disable it. The problem checker still flags them. Yes checker, I know they are broken, which is why I disabled them until I can figure out a fix.

Also, disabled rules can having a ghost-effect on the app. For example, I have a process for viewing a form in a banner panel. Banner panels are finicky about the process that mates them to a form. If they're not happy, the form goes pop-up. I added a rule that pissed-off the banner panel and when I disabled that rule, the form still popped up. So the banner panel knew of the disabled rule's existence and grumbled until I deleted it.

Form preview mode has a bug relating to multiple columns (especially 3 or more) where some rows span more than one column. When you move rows up/down across rows with different spanning, you lose the formatting of some of the controls. No big deal. But when you shift-click to reformat the controls, the changes don't take. The workaround is to do the reformatting in layout mode.

For queries, the inline save button when placed in the top panel toolbar refuses to reposition. I've tried doing it in Edit Toolbar to no effect. BTW, it would be nice if the button order in Edit Toolbar was consistent with the order in Panel Operations.

It would also be fantastic if queries had a native close button like forms do. The jury-rigged close button I created using DISPLAY LAYOUT doesn't behave the same way. That's technically a feature-request, but if I report 3 or more bugs, I get a free feature request, right? :D
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Re: More bugs

Post by aware_support »

Could you please read the sticky post explaining how to report problems and provide your bug reports in the format that the post describes. Otherwise, we cannot do much with some of your reports above. Thank you for your assistance.
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Re: More bugs

Post by JonP »

Sure thing:
Disabling a rule doesn't completely disable it. The problem checker still flags them.
1. Create a defective rule that won't save.
2. Disable the rule and save it.
3. Run the problem checker and see that it flags the disabled rule.
Also, disabled rules can having a ghost-effect on the app. For example, I have a process for viewing a form in a banner panel. Banner panels are finicky about the process that mates them to a form. If they're not happy, the form goes pop-up. I added a rule that pissed-off the banner panel and when I disabled that rule, the form still popped up. So the banner panel knew of the disabled rule's existence and grumbled until I deleted it.
1. Use or create a process with a rule that views a form on a banner panel.
2. Add a rule after that rule, such as DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE [VP], that causes the form to output as a pop-up rather than output to the panel.
3. Disable the offending rule and notice that the form still outputs as a pop-up until the rule is deleted.
Form preview mode has a bug relating to multiple columns (especially 3 or more) where some rows span more than one column. When you move rows up/down across rows with different spanning, you lose the formatting of some of the controls. No big deal. But when you shift-click to reformat the controls, the changes don't take.
I have experienced this problem on 2 separate occasions, but I am currently unable to replicate it. It may relate to specific controls or a particular sequence of actions. I will keep an eye out for it.
For queries, the inline save button when placed in the top panel toolbar refuses to reposition. I've tried doing it in Edit Toolbar to no effect.
1. Use or create a query.
2. Create buttons for inline saving and for "closing" the query (by running a process with a DISPLAY LAYOUT rule) and place them in the top panel toolbar.
3. Try to reposition the inline save button to be the first button in the order.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)