2 bugs assoc with "Do you want to cancel current operation?"

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

2 bugs assoc with "Do you want to cancel current operation?"

Post by JonP »

The first bug occurs when I call ENTER NEW [BO] from a process. When I close without saving (i.e. cancel), I get the 'Do you want to cancel current operation?' question.

Now you may say, "Jon, that's not a bug. That's a feature." It could have been a feature, (albeit an annoying one even if it worked properly and I would have liked the option to disable it), but there are two reasons why it's not.

The first reason is my ENTER NEW call is at the very end of the process, so there's no operation/process to resume after the call. The second reason is that it won't resume the ENTER NEW [BO] call when I select 'No'. The form does not reappear as you would expect it to if that was the reason.

The second bug occurs when I rerun the same process. Instead of opening the form, I get the 'Do you want to cancel current operation?' question again. Selecting 'No' appears to do nothing and I get the same question if I rerun that process again. Selecting 'Yes' redirects me to the login page. Trust me, that's not a feature either.

AIM didn't actually log me out because I have a single development license and when I don't log out, AIM complains when I try to login that I'm already logged-in and forces me to exit/rerun the server. My guess is that redirecting to the login page is AIM's go-to corner-case option.

BSV available upon request.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Re: 2 bugs assoc with "Do you want to cancel current operati

Post by aware_support »

Please send the BSV with the description how to reproduce the problem in this BSV
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Re: 2 bugs assoc with "Do you want to cancel current operati

Post by aware_support »

This should be fixed in build 2357
Aware IM Support Team