Command Settings Parameters Section is too small

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Command Settings Parameters Section is too small

Post by JonP »

A number of AIM popups are annoyingly too small by default and must be resized in order to use. For instance, the Operations with Records popup perfectly conceals essential controls like Add, Edit, Delete, Up and Down. But one popup has a section that cannot be fully accessed, even when resized. If you go to command settings in the course of creating a new menu item and select the input control, you cannot access all the parameters for that control.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Re: Command Settings Parameters Section is too small

Post by aware_support »

Can you attach screenshots? Nothing is concealed for us. It is probably something specific to your environment.

Please indicate also which OS you are using, screen resolution and viewing scale.
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

It may be specific to my environment. I'm using Windows 10, 1920x1080 at the recommended 150% scaling. Just tried 3200x1920 at the recommended 250% scaling, logged out/in and it's exactly the same...which is actually a nice improvement because 7.1 had scaling issues.
Operations with records.png
Operations with records.png (28.07 KiB) Viewed 10894 times
This is how it always opens. The first time I used it, I went a little crazy trying to figure out how to add an operation. Maybe take the same approach you do with panel operations, which have buttons on the side. That would be more consistent too.
Input control cutoff.png
Input control cutoff.png (50.75 KiB) Viewed 10894 times
Notice the cutoff option at the bottom.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You are likely to have these issues if you use 150% scale. Try using 1920x1080 with 100% or 120% scaling and it will be fine
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

I tried. No luck. The pop-ups just shrink relative to the screen. Even if it had worked, it's too small for my aging eyes.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

JonP wrote:I tried. No luck. The pop-ups just shrink relative to the screen. Even if it had worked, it's too small for my aging eyes.
If I use 1920x1080 (Recommended) and scaling of 100% (Recommended). If I go over 100%, it messes up many other applications that are NOT Windows 8/10 specific.
Some of the new MSFT apps. renders properly with over 100%, but anything that was not written for Windows responsiveness, will get affected.
I suggest go to 1920x1080 and hook up a large monitor. I use a 30" Samsung and it a pleasure to work with.