"undefined" option won't save for a relationship attribute

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

"undefined" option won't save for a relationship attribute

Post by JonP »

I checked the "Include empty text in choices" checkbox for combo boxes managing relationship attributes so they could be unselected. The option "undefined" shows up in the list and can be selected.

But when I save, the system doesn't save the change. If I select a different related record , it does actually save that change, so this is only an issue for setting the attribute to undefined.

The attributes are not required (and I would just expect to receive an error message if they were). I have no rules that pertain to these attributes. There is no indication in the log of a rollback. This happens whether I use filters or not.

This is all happening in test and I assume the same is true for production. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm using build 2341.

BTW, is there a known-issue/bug list I can refer to? It would be a very helpful reference and save me a lot of headaches.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Re: "undefined" option won't save for a relationship attribu

Post by aware_support »

This seems to work fine for us. Could you please send a small BSV that demonstrates the problem to [email protected] and describe steps required to reproduce the problem in this BSV?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The problem only happens if an "empty text" is undefined. If you define it everything will work properly
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

If you're going to require me to put something in the "Empty text" field in order to deselect a combo-box reference (and I wish you wouldn't), at least don't pre-fill the search box with that text (see attachment). That is a bug also.
Attachments
Empty text issue.png
Empty text issue.png (35.19 KiB) Viewed 13904 times
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There should be an option that says "include empty text in choices". You should untick this option.
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

No, I shouldn't because then it's impossible to deselect a reference in the combo-box once one has been applied. Plus the empty text is STILL showing in the search box after I untick it. It shouldn't show in either case. If I remove the empty text and tick the "Include empty text" box, I'm back to the earlier bug.

These ARE bugs. Please fix them.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You'll have to live with the fact that "Nothing is Selected" is added to the search box for now. This is a difficult problem to fix (both of them).
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

As long as we are on the same page that these are bugs and I know that the problem is being worked, I'm OK with that. Until now it was not clear to me that these bugs were being recognized/worked. No worries as you Aussies say.