Database corrupted after changing reference attributes

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Database corrupted after changing reference attributes

Post by JonP »

When I was testing validation for forms, I noticed that in the default error message AwareIM uses the attribute name instead of the attribute label, WHICH IS A BUG. This bug was apparantly reported in January (https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... bel#p42077), but has not been addressed as of build 2341.

Anyway, I decided to change my naming conventions so that if the attribute name does inadvertently get exposed to an end user, at least it will make sense to them. Most of my attributes already looked fine, but not my reference attributes where I used prefixes to lump them together (ob_Account instead of Account). After updating dozens of BOs, I pushed to test and got the following error message:
Exception changing status of the business space version. AwareIM server encountered the following error.
Error altering column ob_Account_REN for table BASTESTDOMAINPLANTAIN_SUBSCRIPTION to type Account_REN varchar(80). Table 'basdbtestdomainplantain_subscription' doesn't exist.
I went into MySQL Workbench and sure-enough, the subscription table is missing. I don't care about the test data. It's just garbage that I can quickly recreate. But I'd like to hold onto the latest naming changes I made to the BOs, which was a mind-numbing process.

What do I do?
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
JonP

Re: Database corrupted after changing reference attributes

Post by JonP »

Oh wait, I just figured it out. I've been using Quick Test so much that I forgot about the "no previous test data" option. I just got it to load.

But Awaresoft, if you read this, the issue with names showing instead of labels is still a bug and really needs to be addressed (plus a having a function in the rule language to access the label would be great).
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Support for custom error messages has been added in build 2346
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

I updated to 2346 and get an error message when I try to run the configurator:
A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run ConfigTool. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
../../JDK/bin/javaw.exe-margs
AwareIM used to come with a Java virtual machine.
JonP

Post by JonP »

Never mind. 2nd attempt at install worked.