Problem with DISPLAY LAYOUT FROM_VP

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
gerber1

Problem with DISPLAY LAYOUT FROM_VP

Post by gerber1 »

I am working with AIM 7.1 (2240) and am having an issue with DISPLAY LAYOUT/FROM_VP. The bottom line is that when I use it once, it works fine. When I use it a second time, without logging in again, much of the content of the layout is not displayed.

This is a Layout built by Henrik Pedersen for us. He has done some incredible work adapting a commercial template and custom theme and other design elements! I will also be discussing it with him, but he had mentioned something about changing identifiers and that it may not be within our control to address.

I have attempted to provide some useful forensics to help recognize the problem and quickly identify the cause and possible fix or workaround.

What I have done is display the LAYOUT twice and use the Chrome tools to capture HTML each time, first when it all works and then again when it does not. When it fails, the problem is that much of the intended content, most notably that which is dependent on attribute data (<<>> attributes embedded in the HTML script driving graphics controls, etc.) is not displayed. I have attached a .RAR archive with those HTML captures in the files "Working.html" and "Not Working.html". I also took a stab at studying the differences in case I could uncover any clues.

I found a few differences you may find interesting. There are other differences you may find interesting as well, (including a class="" in the very first line). In each case, I show the first DISPLAY LAYOUT result on top and the 2nd view below:

First significant Difference found:
This is the first significant difference I noted between the working and non-working incidents.

<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Chart1_1" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off">
<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Chart1_2" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off">

Second difference (identical, but distinctive):

<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Chart2_1" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off">
<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Chart2_2" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off">

Third find:

<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Separator_1" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off" style="height:5px; overflow:auto;background-color:#188ee3;">
<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Separator_2" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off" style="height:5px; overflow:auto;background-color:#188ee3;">

Fourth find:

<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Charts2_1" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off">
<div id="BAS_FRAME_main_Profile_Charts2_2" class="aw-panel aw-panel-borders-off">

The remaining differences are all omissions in the second instance, all the lower objects, including tabs and graphs.

Is there a way I can force it into some state of reset, so I can get it to display additional instances? I tried a few machinations with no luck yet. What about additionally containerizing them in a tabless tabsheet or something and destroying that when done? On this, I am guessing. I'm not sure whether I am looking for a fix, best practice or workaround at this point. I just need a way I can use this display more than once.

Thanks,

Roy
Attachments
Sample HTML.rar
This contains the HTML files mentioned above related to the DISPLAY LAYOUT FROM_VP issue.
(17.17 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
Roy
hpl123

Re: Problem with DISPLAY LAYOUT FROM_VP

Post by hpl123 »

Roy,
Sorry about the late reply (missed this and been busy) and thanks for the comments about the commercial template integration. Yeah, something strange is happening behind the scenes and not entirely sure why but will be happy to try to look some more into this when we talk next time.

If anyone else has had similar experiences, please share your thoughts.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)