Internal objects not unique causing object read error

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
gerber1

Internal objects not unique causing object read error

Post by gerber1 »

Reference http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 455#p21455
for which I did not see a resolution, and seems related.

This looks like a bug in not generating internal unique symbols when needed in the case of object groups and shortcuts used for sorting and/or included in grids.

1) I have an object group (Prediction) with 2 member types (FitCulturePrediction, FitTenurePrediction). 2) Each of these types has a reference object (multiples NOT allowed) of type PredictionType
3) The two Prediction Types each also have a shortcut PredictionType.PredictionDescription to pull in the description from PredictionType for display purposes.
4) An object "Candidate" contains a collection of the Prediction objects (in attribute "Predictions")
5) A "Candidate" form has included a list of the Prediction group from "Predictions" with a couple common attributes.
-- Up to this point, all was well. Now I get the idea to include the PredictionType.PredictionDescription (aka PredictionDescription) in the grid. To do this, I simply go to the list of display attributes available and check this one from the shortcut. I also add it as the first item in the list of sort attributes.
-- Now the problem surfaces
6) I restart the application and when it tries to show the Candidate.Predictions reference table/grid, I saw:
Internal error. Error reading business object. Not unique table/alias "Prediction_prediction_description" (I am actually uncertain about the third segment of that symbol, though "description IS the attribute name, and I'm 80% certain that is what showed" but the first two were for sure "prediction_prediction").
7) I went back to try an undo the problem by removing it as a sort attribute and uncheck it from the display field list to no avail. I now get Error reading business object. Not unique table/alias "Prediction_teammember".
8) It seems when it tried creating either the reference in the table/grid or referencing the description for sorting that something has become inconsistent or corrupt.

Now seeing this, the post I referenced above, and a similar very difficult problem once before, I believe this may all stem from the attempt to sort on a shortcut in conjunction with an object group or consistent attribute naming, etc.

I could use some guidance on getting this problem out of my project, hopefully in a way not requiring recreating multiple relationships.

Thanks!

Roy

Version 7.1 (2238) MySQL 5.6
Roy
aware_support

Re: Internal objects not unique causing object read error

Post by aware_support »

There is a well known problem - you cannot include a shortcut into sorting attributes of a query on a business object group. Do you have shortcuts in your sorting list?
Aware IM Support Team
gerber1

Re: Internal objects not unique causing object read error

Post by gerber1 »

Thanks for responding.

Yes, as I noted in the post: "Now seeing this, the post I referenced above, and a similar very difficult problem once before, I believe this may all stem from the attempt to sort on a shortcut in conjunction with an object group or consistent attribute naming, etc."

Based on the error message, it looks like the ultimate issue may be as simple as the attempted creation of a duplicate symbol because of the object group. Is it possible to incorporate another seed value, such as objectid or something, into the construction of the symbol to prevent this?

Thanks,

Roy
Roy