Can't resolve integrity problems after deleting Gantt

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
JonP

Can't resolve integrity problems after deleting Gantt

Post by JonP »

I've been evaluating AwareIM and decided that the optional Gantt chart functionality wasn't for me, so I deleted the associated groups and GtTask. But I was not able to delete GtDependency and GtAssignment because they are "used by the system". Now my integrity check fails. How do I resolve this?
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
JonP

Re: Can't resolve integrity problems after deleting Gantt

Post by JonP »

As a follow-up, I re-added the Gantt group and attempted to delete GtAssignment and GtDependency first, thinking that maybe it was a sequence issue. It is not. They won't delete. But in doing so, I was able to resolve all my integrity problems (after adding a reference to GanttTask that I had added to Appointments, but somehow did not transfer).

If I can't remove all vestiges of Gantt Chart, would the Gantt objects in my business space force me to buy the Gantt license to make this version work or will the Gantt objects just not function in operation and simply clutter my configurator?

I can live with the clutter, but I won't pay for something that I won't use. So I need to know if...

a) it's just clutter and not to worry about a Gantt license,
b) I should go back to a pre-gantt BSV now and redo the work that will be lost, or
c) there a fix that will get rid of the Gantt objects?

Thanks.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It's just a clutter - you won't need to pay for it.

You don't need to go back and lose your work.

It's a bug and there is no fix yet, but if you purchase a license we promise to clean up your BSV for free (if you send it to us).
:D
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

Cool, thanks!