Memory Issue - huge RAM consumed even no users logged in

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
BenHayat

Re: Memory Issue - huge RAM consumed even no users logged in

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote: Hi Codrin and many thanks for your solution.

The cleanmem app indeed releases memory a lot, but right after the scheduler runs is about aprox 15 seconds time when the app is reloading, after that is running ok.
George, What scheduler are you talking about? Windows scheduler or Aware scheduler?

And what do you mean "app is reloading"?
weblike

Post by weblike »

BenHayat wrote:
weblike wrote: Hi Codrin and many thanks for your solution.

The cleanmem app indeed releases memory a lot, but right after the scheduler runs is about aprox 15 seconds time when the app is reloading, after that is running ok.
George, What scheduler are you talking about? Windows scheduler or Aware scheduler?

And what do you mean "app is reloading"?
Sorry : The Windows scheduler
After the cleanmem runs:
1. If I'm logged in Aware app -> it takes 15 seconds to come back to normal speed (like a reload or something). Every Query I click it kepps loading for this time.
2. If I want to login in the app, it takes 10-15 seconds to login.

So I decided:
1. to run this scheduler in the morning before the users comes to work and in the evening when they leave.
2. To review all my app rules following Vlda's video about optimization.

Thank you all
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote: The cleanmem app indeed releases memory a lot
George, did you record the size of the Java runtime BEFORE and AFTER running this app? How did you come up with realization that it released a lot of memory?
weblike

Post by weblike »

BenHayat wrote:
weblike wrote: The cleanmem app indeed releases memory a lot
George, did you record the size of the Java runtime BEFORE and AFTER running this app? How did you come up with realization that it released a lot of memory?
With Windows Task Manager opened ->from 7GB to 800-900MB of RAM....

, but few minutes after cleanmem runs the memory is rising again to 7GB
Selection_178.png
Selection_178.png (14.2 KiB) Viewed 21544 times
Thx,
George
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote: With Windows Task Manager opened ->from 7GB to 800-900MB of RAM....
, but few minutes after cleanmem runs the memory is rising again to 7GB
Good info.
Then Vlad is right about your case. You have something in your app scheduler that causes a lot of memory. Turn off Aware scheduler, run CleanMem and see if it still comes up.
If yes, then you have rules connected to your LoggedInUser that when user gets logged in, lots of internal queries being run. You need to do a serious performance clean up in the system, to prevent many ripple effects rules running.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

but few minutes after cleanmem runs the memory is rising again to 7GB
You need to investigate what happens with your application during this time. Maybe there are users running some memory extensive operations during this time. Or there are some Aware IM scheduled operations that are running and using up memory. Or maybe your execution_contexts table has not been cleaned up.
Aware IM Support Team
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hi,

I do have processes bind to LoggedInUser, that's how I populate the Dashboards of the users (Invoices_per_day; Orders_per_day; Invoices_per_month; Income_per_month).
I have to do this kind of summarizations. I want that my app to give real-time data to users, not only on the beginning of the day.

How can we do these kind of operations with minimum impact on the app?

Thank you.
Thx,
George
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote:Hi,

I do have processes bind to LoggedInUser, that's how I populate the Dashboards of the users (Invoices_per_day; Orders_per_day; Invoices_per_month; Income_per_month).
I have to do this kind of summarizations. I want that my app to give real-time data to users, not only on the beginning of the day.

How can we do these kind of operations with minimum impact on the app?

Thank you.
Well, you FIRST need to isolate which rule/process is the culprit, before you can solve the problem.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

It looks like cleanmem has an automatic setting one can activate where cleanmem cleans the memory every x minutes if the memory allocation is y%, having this on all the time then to clean memory when needed would be nice. Has anyone tried that?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
weblike

Post by weblike »

hpl123 wrote:It looks like cleanmem has an automatic setting one can activate where cleanmem cleans the memory every x minutes if the memory allocation is y%, having this on all the time then to clean memory when needed would be nice. Has anyone tried that?

When i launch cleanmem, the memory is released, but when I login in the Aware app-> it's like old diesel engines in winter, it takes some time (10-15 seconds) to go on normal speed again....Does anyone encounter this?
Thx,
George
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

hpl123 wrote:It looks like cleanmem has an automatic setting one can activate where cleanmem cleans the memory every x minutes if the memory allocation is y%, having this on all the time then to clean memory when needed would be nice. Has anyone tried that?
Henrik, I've not used this tool yet, but does this mean, this EXE will be running at all time to keep getting activated every x minutes? If not, how does it get started by itself if not using Windows scheduler?
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote:

When i launch cleanmem, the memory is released, but when I login in the Aware app-> it's like old diesel engines in winter, it takes some time (10-15 seconds) to go on normal speed again....Does anyone encounter this?
the only thing I can think of, CleanMem deletes server side cache that Aware might have created for it's use (to speed things up) and after Cache is gone, Aware has to get them form disk again.

Another thing you can do, after cleanmem and before start aware, watch the CPU and Disk I/O on task manager and then start app and see how the Java runtime is using CPU and Disk.
weblike

Post by weblike »

BenHayat wrote:
Henrik, I've not used this tool yet, but does this mean, this EXE will be running at all time to keep getting activated every x minutes? If not, how does it get started by itself if not using Windows scheduler?
On installation it creates a Windows scheduler task and you can customize it as you want. Also cleanmem has a context menu from where you can launch different tasks...
Thx,
George
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote:
BenHayat wrote: On installation it creates a Windows scheduler task and you can customize it as you want. Also cleanmem has a context menu from where you can launch different tasks...
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarification. The Beer is on it's way... :mrgreen:
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Sounds like an interesting solution, I will try it and if we could ocnfigure it to clean out memory when necessary like when the server memory reaches 80% or something like that it will help with some memory issues I guess.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)