Dropdown Blank Screen

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
czillman

Dropdown Blank Screen

Post by czillman »

Hello,

I have a form with multiple dropdowns. Each time i select a value from the dropdown the browser screen refreshes. Is there anyway to avoid the refresh? Under what conditions does aware IM perform the refresh?

The major problem arises when I select a value from one dropdown and the screen attempts to refresh while I am selecting a value from a second dropdown. In this situation the screen goes blank from the menu down and I have to close my browser and logon again. What's the workaround or fix?

BTW - Love the product.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM automatically refreshes the screen when a choice is made in a dropdown under the following conditions:

1) The drop down represents a reference attribute, not just a text attribute with a list of choices
2) In presentation options of some other reference attribute of this object there is a filter query defined that depends on the value of the reference attribute in 1).

For example, if I select a particular car model the list of accessories should automatically change to reflect the choices applicable to this model. In this case I would have two reference attributes defined - the list of car models and the list of accessories. For the list of accessories I would define a filter query that would find choices based on the current value of a car model: FIND Accessory WHERE Accessory.Model = Car.Model

Having said that, there was a bug in the earlier versions that caused unneccesary refresh. So if you do not have filter queries defined as per above and the screen still refreshes, you are likely to use the older build. Please download the latest version.
Aware IM Support Team
czillman

Dropdown Working

Post by czillman »

I upgraded and it works great! :D