Item Rules

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Item Rules

Post by ab042 »

I made a Presentation Rule clicked OK, Saved the query and went to test it. It did not work and when I attempted to go back into the Presentation Rule to fix the problem it gives me this error: "Invalid specification of the attribute XYZ in expression XYZ IS DEFINED". Now I can't get in to correct the problem and since its not simply a choice problem but a problem with a referenced attribute I'm not sure how to get around the problem.

I'm just stuck without being able to get in and correct the Presentation Rule. Its not a big deal to delete this Query and rebuild it but I want to bring it up so you can put it on the hit list of issues.

Also nows a good time for me to ask. Can I place a Presentation Rule on something other than selection of choices? For example, in this case I want the rule to be a referenced attribute that IS DEFINED to be one style and NOT DEFINED to be another?
ab042

Post by ab042 »

bump...
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It did not work and when I attempted to go back into the Presentation Rule to fix the problem it gives me this error: "Invalid specification of the attribute XYZ in expression XYZ IS DEFINED".

What exactly does the rule look like?

Also nows a good time for me to ask. Can I place a Presentation Rule on something other than selection of choices? For example, in this case I want the rule to be a referenced attribute that IS DEFINED to be one style and NOT DEFINED to be another?

Not sure if I correctly understand the question, but, yes, you can define presentation rules not only on a list of choices, but also on a list of reference attributes on a form of some object. Go to the Presentation dialog of a reference attribute and click on "Item Rules"

You can also define rules for items returned by a query - click on the "Item Rules" button on the query editor in the Configuration Tool
Aware IM Support Team