Aware taking 100% CPU

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
denisv

Aware taking 100% CPU

Post by denisv »

We have just started an application on a site where there are about 30 users at present. Within 1 hour the server running Aware peaked at 100% CPU and all apps failed.

Can you advise what makes java.exe run on the server in operation mode. Is it any connection by Aware or is it specific to processes being run by users. When this event occurred there were at least 10 instances of java.exe running.

I am assuming that this shouldn't happen and is down to a process that I am using ? I have already interacted with you on the issue of using Processes from Rules and you did advise against this. (Although in an earlier thread support indicated that is could be done).

I have a Process that:

a) creates an instance in a Business Object (BO1)
b) then starts an Enter New for another Business Object (BO2)
c) When Create in (b) is hit, a rule may call a process based on a value for a referenced attribute in that business object instance
d) This next process starts an Enter New process for another business object (BO3) linked via a referenced attribute from the business object in (b) (BO2)

Is it possible that this is just to confusing and is causing Aware to stop by maxing the server ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM processes do not start a "java" process, so the issue has nothing to do with your design of processes.

10 instances of "java" is a problem that shouldn't happen. I am not sure where these instances are coming from. What were these users doing? Were they running any reports? Do you have the servers output (Tomcat and Aware IM Server)?

We need full diagnostics including:

1) Print screen or a print out of a Task Manager showing current processes
2) All files with *.log extension located in the BIN directory
3) Latest Tomcat logs located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/logs directory
4) Print outs of the output of Aware IM server and Tomcat

Also make sure that logging is re-directed to a file.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Thank you, I will reply by email.