Deleting Records in Aware

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
denisv

Deleting Records in Aware

Post by denisv »

If you use a

FIND ALL Object
Delete Object

Process, it only deletes som eof the instances. You have to keep running it until all instances are cleared. Can this be looked at ?
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Not sure this has anything to do with the "IN BATCHES OF XXXX" command but it sounds like the same type of issues I was having trying to do a simple update.

AwareIM, I'll repeat a previous question in another post. "I have a good size server with lots of memory. If a simple FIND ALL without the IN BATCHES command brings my server to a halt and requires a AwareIM to be shutdown. I believe you may have a bug in your code. Will you PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT AWAREIM do some of your own testing and make sure this is not a bug in AwareIM?

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There IS a bug with DELETE and it is not an easy bug to fix. We will be looking at it in the next few days.

There is NO bug with the default batch size - the system is running slow for whatever reason processing a batch of a 1000 records on your machine. We need to find out why and we can't reproduce it on our systems. As you cannot send us your configuration and data we can only rely on your help here. One of our customers has been experiencing the similar problem - in his case it was memory. He had LogViewer open during a batch operation and LogViewer was taking more memory than was allocated to the Aware IM server in the startAwareIM.bat. As a result the operations took ages to complete and eventually ran out of memory. The problem was resolved when he turned off LogViewer and increased memory. I am not saying that this is what's happenning in your case, but you need to help us find the cause of the problem.

Please do the following:
1) Turn on maximum level of logging
2) Re-direct logging to a file and not anywhere else
3) Reproduce the problem
4) Send us the log file
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The DELETE problem has been fixed starting from build 873
Aware IM Support Team