Error publishing Error in SQL syntax

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Error publishing Error in SQL syntax

Post by ab042 »

I'm getting the following error when attempting to publish.
"Exception publishing business space version Aware IM server encountered the following error. Error creating data bas tables. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the fight syntax to use near 'By varcher(3)) TYPE=InnoDB' at line 1

Any suggestions. This is a new app. It had 2 Business Objects defined and published. I've added about 40 business objects with hundreds of fields and I would like to be able to correct the problem without re-keying all this?
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Additional Information that maybe helpful:

MySQL is version: 5.0.24

I shutdown the Server and reloaded and tried it on the server and I'm getting a little different version of the error. "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to user near 'Desc varchar(15),Misc varchar(30), Created date, LocalNumber varchar(12)) TYPE='at line 1.

If it helps there is NO DATA in the APP, I was just creating the Business Objects so if you need to we can wipe it out and recreate it if necessary but I would like to be able to do that WITHOUT RE-KEYING all the BO's.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We will investigate. Please save your version as a BSV file and you will not have to re-key the objects.

We will post a message here about the results of the investigation.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is happenning because you have two attributes somewhere with the names "By" and "Desc". These are reserved names in MySQL and unfortunately Aware IM allows you to use them and it shouldn't. Normally Aware IM checks for all reserved database words and prevents users from using them but these two somehow haven't been included.

We will be fixing this shortly. In the meantime you can solve the problem by renaming these attributes to something else.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Perfect. I'll go thru and find them.

Thank you for the fast response.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is now fixed starting from build 870. It turns out that checking for all reserved words in MySQL was broken
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

THANK YOU. After correcting the above. I still had another one of these type message and I went thru the Doc's for MySQL and found the other reserved word. So I guess I don't need to tell you since you found the problem.
----------------------------
===>> Now I have a NEW PROBLEM. I'm getting Error Dropping Columns for Table "spacename_Account Can't DROP "DrAcctA"; check that column/key exists. We have not added any data and I can't figure out how to get around this problem.

This goes back to the issue of SIMPLE BACKUP/RESTORE when things get screwed up with the database. A developer needs the ability to go into the underlying database (In this case MySQL) drop the table and have AwareIM recreate it the way it wants to see things.

Then it would be a very simple import of the data if necessary. As it is, I'm at a total stand still, pulling what little hair I have left out.

Any suggestions?
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

If you don't have any data please do the following:

1) Export your business space version in a BSV file
2) Delete the business space
3) Create the business space again
4) Import the BSV file
5) Publish