Losing Users

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
denisv

Losing Users

Post by denisv »

I am importing a lot of data into a business space.

From time to time I cam getting a reference error. When I check the data I can't see why. Then when I check my Regular User Object, all my users but the admin are gone.

This has happened several times. The only time I interact with the regularluser object is when I am importing them initially. I now have to re-import them every now and then when this happends and I realise this is what is casuing the reference error.

Test Business Space, running on Derby, Version 2 Build 867.

Is there a reason why the regular user object would re-set itself ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It would be very helpful if you provide detailed steps required to reproduce the problem and clearly state what the problem is rather than saying that something doesn't work.

When you are saying that there is a "reference error", what do you mean? When does it happen? What are the steps required to reproduce the problem? What error message does Aware IM display?

The more information you provide for us the bigger the chance that we address it in a timely fashion.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

In the business object (Call Record) I have three reference attributes to Regular User Object.

THe process I use is as follows:

a) Import regular users from file (about 100)
b) Then proceed to import records into another object (Call Record).
c) The import to the Call Record object is run several times as there is testing being done.
d) Normally there is no problem - operation successful
e) On a few occassions I have received the standard message at the end of the import to satate that sime reference attributes have not been import and to offer to download the relationship file
f) This should not happen as the regular users are already there
g) Then when I check the Regular Users Object, all but the Admin is gone
i) This then explains why the message was received when import to Call Record as there were no Regular User values to match the reference attribute during the import.

There are no other messages and no error messages. The regular user object just seems to reset it self to the single Admin User.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Import in Aware IM should never ever delete records - there is simply no code that would do this.

Since you are doing testing is it possible that sometimes you choose to publish the version for testing with no initial data? This would delete all regular users except the admin. If you want to preserve Regular Users you should keep the data when publishing version for testing or re-import the users every time.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I understand the principal of maintaining or removing the data on test and from time to time will do that. However the events that I am talking about are not based on clearing the data at test. There are other business objects with the business space that retain their data when this happens.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Are you sure this is not caused by initialization of the database or some other user error? There is simply no way Aware IM deletes any data during import.

How can we reproduce this problem?
Aware IM Support Team