Error Starting Aware IM

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Error Starting Aware IM

Post by ab042 »

Internal problem while starting Aware IM
Unable to initialize the database tables due to the following.......
Error creating database tables. SQL Exception thrown Can't create table '.\basdb\bas_system.frm' (errno: 121)

Everything was working fine, I shutdown AwareIM and restarted it for something and when it wouldn't start.
I reset the server and this is what I'm receiving upon attempt to start it.

Server is down, any suggestions?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Can you send the full output of Aware IM Server to [email protected]?
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I was looking around and comparing the "basdb" directory to another machine I had loaded an eval on sometime ago and it appears several files are not in the directory of the main server that is having the problem. bas_system files, domains, domainversions, dvhistories and several others. It does appear all my BO file and data is in place.

I remembered reading about installing with AwareIM with existing data and using the Drop Database commands so I found it and went thru that process. Restored MySql tables that I had and reinstalled AwareIM.

Got it running again, but no Business Space. After trying several things. I imported a copy of one of my Business Spaces and published it. It imported correctly and everything appears to be correct in the Configuration Tool. But I can't get to the data using the web interface, so I'm assuming there is some kind of link to the data that isn't working.

Is it possible to put this back together with all my old business spaces and data correct? Or do I need to start over with a fresh install and import what copies I have of the Business Spaces? If I do this I'm going to loose some important changes I made to two business spaces but just looking for direction.

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is very hard to recommend anything without seeing the database tables. Obviously there was some sort of MySQL table corruption. I an afraid you will have to start from a fresh install.

The normal safeguard practice is to always have latest backups of a database and your working files (in Aware IM's this is the BSV file).
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I have a MySQL backup from MySQL Administrator of all the tables for my BS from the basdb directory and I have an export BSV file from Aware.

I just can't get them together. If I drop the BasDB directory and restore my MySQL tables everything for my app is in the tables and I can see everything and everything test fine using NaviCat.

I then reinstalled AwareIM and it loaded and installed correctly. But when I run the configuration tool the Business Space doesn't show. So I created one and then IMPORTED the BSV file. Published it and I can see my app in the configuration tool and everything appears fine.

I just don't know how to link the NEW Business Space (by the same name as the old one) to link to the data tables I guess. Because I can't run the app and get anything to appear, again it looks good in the configuration tool and the data is in MySQL tables.

Thanks for the quick reply. Any other suggestions?
ab042

Post by ab042 »

As a followup I just re-imported the BSV and try-ed publishing the app and I'm getting a Exception publishing space. Error adding columns for businessspace.REGULARUSER duplicate column name 'LastIP'
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I'm back up and running. Thanks for the input, it got me going in the correct direction. And after much todo I'm running again.