Navigation, Masks and Logon

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
SandyB

Navigation, Masks and Logon

Post by SandyB »

I'm beginning to get the hang of this, but finding stuff in the docs is frustrating, I miss a word index to it. For example, I know there's a place where you can change the color and font of separators and other items globally, I did it the other day, but I can't find it anywhere today.

2. I got your response on making a date mask __/__/____ but I tried making a telephone number mask ###-###-#### and it didn't work at all; no --- in it and you could put alpha chars in too. How does that work? I was expecting something that would display the mask in the field and only allow the correct characters in the right places.

3. The first time in every session that I try to test what I've done it gives the same error message-invalid user or password etc, but every successive time it works perfect. ??

4. I have 20 days left on the eval copy. The last 10 days I'll be away from my office (and desktop computer). Is there a legal way I can move the eval copy to my traveling laptop to use it those last 10 days? If so, how? And can I then move my work product from the laptop back to the desktop when I get back? If so, how? Thanks
SandyB

Post by SandyB »

Scratch No 1 and 3 of the above. I found #1 again and marked it down, and #3 was probably operator error.

Still don't know the answers to #2 and 4. Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Regarding 1. - you can use help system in the Configuration Tool that has search facilities, rather than the document (the contents is the same).

Regarding 2. These kinds of masks are not supported yet. This support is very high on our priority list.

Regarding 4. If you are using Derby you can do the following:
1) Install Aware IM on your laptop
2) Move the DATA and DocTemplates directories located underneath the root Aware IM directory to your laptop (transfer the entire directory overwriting the existing one)
3) When you return move the DATA and DocTemplates directories back from your laptop to your desktop
Aware IM Support Team
SandyB

Post by SandyB »

Thanks again for the fast response and the good answers. This is looking better and better to me, and I have two additional questions:

1. After I buy the product, can I use the same method of taking it and my workproduct with me on my laptop and then updating my desktop when I return?

2. For speed, one of the newer programming techniques is to download tables from the disk based relational database into in-memory databases (or arrays) since memory is so cheap, and only writing back to the disk when adding or editing a record. Do you/will you support this technique? If so, what are the commands by which we program this?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1. After I buy the product, can I use the same method of taking it and my workproduct with me on my laptop and then updating my desktop when I return?

No, however, if you buy a Professional or a Developer Edition you will be eligible for two product keys - you can use one key for your production server and another one - for your laptop to do a single user development work. You can then exchange configurations easily between two computers by exporting/importing configurations into a BSV file.

2. For speed, one of the newer programming techniques is to download tables from the disk based relational database into in-memory databases (or arrays) since memory is so cheap, and only writing back to the disk when adding or editing a record. Do you/will you support this technique? If so, what are the commands by which we program this?

I believe this technique is already being implemented by database vendors such as MySQL or SQL Server. You do not need to do any special programming to support it. If the underlying database supports it Aware IM supports it too.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Regarding masks. Starting from build 871 there is a new function called MATCHES that uses regular expressions to match strings. This function can be used to perform validation according to a particluar mask.

Regular expressions are explained in the Appendix E in the Aware IM User Guide
Aware IM Support Team