Logon Error

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
SandyB

Logon Error

Post by SandyB »

I was able to get IM started, get into the Configuration Tool, name the Business Space, and create some attributes (i.e. field names) of a Business Object. But when I click the Operation Button to test it, the Logon Screen comes up and no matter what I enter in it, I get the message 'Logon error. Invalid credentials or access denied. Please try again.'

I tried it before touching the SystemUser object, and after putting a new user and password in the SystemUser object. Same result. I must have to do something else, but I don't know what. It will be hard to evaluate AwareIM if I can't even get to first base in two days of trying. Help please!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Which Operation button did you click - the one in the Configuration Tool or the one in the Control Panel? Did you publish your business space version or make it available for testing?

There are two logon screens you can use to log into the browser:

1) http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logon.jsp

This one is to be used during development - it allows you to specify the name of the business space and whether or not you are using testing mode.

2) http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logonOp.jsp

This one should be used when the system is in production. It only allows to enter user name and password. The business space is assumed to be default and the testing mode is assumed to be off.

You have to do the following:
1) Make your business space version available for testing
2) Use the second URL
3) Type in the name of your business space, user name ("admin" initially) and password ("password" initially)
4) Tick "Testing mode" checkbox

It would be useful for you to read the corresponding documents as well - there is tons of info about this in the "Getting Started", "How To", "Quick Tour" and "User Guide" documents.
Aware IM Support Team
SandyB

Logon Error Message When Testing

Post by SandyB »

OK, I appreciate your response to my first message and have followed your advice, downloaded ALL the documentation, printed it out, and read it from beginning to end.

I was able to get my first test version up on the screen ONCE; I don't know how because it won't come up again after I added some more attributes to make a complete Business Object-about 15 data fields.

But now I have used the buttons on the Configuration Tool to set it for testing and logon, and I've also tried using Opera and using IE with the address "http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logon.jsp". The address changes to "...logon.do;jsessionid=###" Then always get the message "Invalid credentials or access denied. Please try again"

How can I logon to see what I've done so that I can put together a program that an average user can operate? :?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Could you please provide the output of your Aware IM server after your access has been denied - you can view it by clicking on the View button next to the Aware IM server entry in the Aware IM Control Panel.

Also:
1) Did you make the business space version available for testing (it must be painted in pink in the Configuration Tool)?
2) Do you provide the correct name of your business space?
3) Do you provide the correct names of the user and password?
4) Did you tick the "Testing mode" flag?

Note that everything is case sensitive, so make sure you provide the right names in the right case.
Aware IM Support Team
SandyB

Post by SandyB »

Thanks for your response; in the meantime I kept plundering around and found it was my mistake--I tried to use a new logon name and password I had put in and which apparently doesn't work, but the 'admin' and 'password' entries work fine.

I'm moving on to see if I can get a cosmetically acceptable entry form for my clients who are used to the form design work you can do in MSAccess. I get the concept of adding attributes, rules, processes, but I am concerned about the visual look, how to shorten or lengthen a data entry field, add the "*" and "?" to the right of them, force an input mask like "__/__/____" for dates, etc.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Some of the things you mention will be done by Aware IM automatically, other things you can control. For example:
1) You can control the length of the attribute in its Presentation dialog (click on the Presentation button when you edit the attribute).
2) If you mark the attribute as "value must be provided" Aware IM will automatically add "*" after the attribute
3) If you add a description to the attribute in the Presentation dialog and specify that it should be displayed as pop-up Aware IM will automatically add "?" icon and display a pop-up with the description you specified
4) If you select MM/dd/yyyy format for an attribute of the Date type Aware IM will automatically force this format and display a calendar control for easy selection of the date.
Aware IM Support Team
SandyB

Post by SandyB »

Thanks for your fast response. Answers 1 thru 4 are very encouraging and I'll just have to see how/where to put them in.

It seems like the columns holding field labels are a slightly different color than the columns holding data fields, that there is a faint horizontal separator line between rows, that the unique field name is automatically used as the field label, and that all labels and fields are located in a set grid layout.

Is there any way (which I haven't discovered yet) to change any of those things to project a more unified and custom designed screen visually? Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1) You can control which labels are displayed for the attributes in the Presentation dialog of the attribute. By default labels are formed from attribute names
2) You can control colors and fonts in the definition of a Visual Perspective - please refer to the User Guide
3) You can customize the grid on which the attributes are placed in the Form Section Layout dialog which is invoked during editing of a form section - please refer to the section about form section editing in the User Guide
Aware IM Support Team
SandyB

Post by SandyB »

Thank you very much. That should keep me busy for a couple of days. I'll get back to you later in another thread.