.bsv file transfer

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Hubertus

.bsv file transfer

Post by Hubertus »

In addition to my development setup of AwareIM I installed AwareIM on a test server running linux without graphical environment. On this testserver I created a business space using the Business Space Management entries from the default application web site and imported the .bsv file. So far it works but the graphics for the top level menu entries that are defined to be shown in the header section don't appear. Everything I see are the placeholders containing a red X. The standard entries like "Home", About" and "Logout" are ok. Additionally the header's background image (coming from an imported "header html page") are here. This means that the graphics from the header are transferred using the .bsv file but the graphics for the top level menu entries are not.

What is the preferred way to export a .bsv file ? Should the Business Space be published, under test or loaded and locked ?

Thanks for your answers,
Hubertus
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This means that the graphics from the header are transferred using the .bsv file but the graphics for the top level menu entries are not.
No, the graphics are definitely transferred properly. It is something else. Could you do the following:
1) Re-publish the business space version (to force regeneration of the application layout)
2) E-mail us the output of Tomcat

What is the preferred way to export a .bsv file ? Should the Business Space be published, under test or loaded and locked ?
The state of the version doesn't matter. Aware IM automatically uploads all the resources including images. As I said this is something else.
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

the requested log is on the way to you
Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is a limitation of a non-graphical Linux. Aware IM does need graphics to generate buttons for the horizontal menu.

The workaround is either not to use the horizontal menu or copy files for the icons from system deployment on a graphical system (Linux or WIndows).
Aware IM Support Team