Import DATE BUG

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Import DATE BUG

Post by ab042 »

I found a bug. If you import a file with dates and they are in a US format and the BO attribute is set to (mm/dd/yy or MM/dd/yy) it doesn't work.
<Not sure what the difference if any is but it defaults to Cap MM, I've tryed it both ways>

ie:
12/30/05,04:54,clientID,[email protected], 28260 ,clientID

It will import the date as 00/12/07 (not sure where the 07 is coming from but the month is in the day spot for the US calendar dates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A 2nd question. If I select the 3rd field to be a link to my contact file (ie: TrxLog.Contact.ClientID) so these transactions link together. How can I get the import to also place it in the (TrxLog.ClientID) field at the same time, without having to create a duplicate field at the end of each line?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks for bringing it up. We fixed the bug and we are preparing a patch for this.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> A 2nd question.

You can add a rule to object TrxLog:

TrxLog.ClientID = TrxLog.Contact.ClientID

The rule will execute whenever an instance of object TrxLog is updated or created (including import) and ensure that ClientID is equal that of the Contact at all times. However, given that TrxLog.Contact.ClientID is accessible everywhere throughout the system (just like in the above rule), maybe you do not need the duplicate attribute on TrxLog at all.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The bug is fixed starting from build 845
Aware IM Support Team