Can't create Documents & Templates under CLIENT config t

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Can't create Documents & Templates under CLIENT config t

Post by ab042 »

On a machine with Client Only on it (Not server). I've download the latest build 840 on the server and the client.

If you select "Document Templates, reports" and create a NEW DOCUMENT you can do everything but Save/Create.

It never gives an error and it never saves or creates the document/report under the Business Spaces.

FYI: It works fine if I'm on the server. I've also tryed to make some changes that I found under the forums about the StartOptions.props file and several different things didn't work so I finally deleted that file out of the BIN so my machine is back to a default configuration and it is NOT WORKING.

Please help, this is needed!!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is a distribution problem for the standalone Configuration Tool in 2.0. We are preparing a patch for this.

In the meantime there is an easy work around:
1) Shutdown the configuration tool
2) Go to the LIB directory on the CLIENT and rename the file commons-logging-1.0.4.jar into commons-logging.jar
3) Re-start the Configuration Tool

It should work fine after this.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Thanks, that fixed it.

On a side note. I noticed on the CLIENT when you first login it shows a Business Space field and doesn't give a drop down box like it does on the SERVER.

I'm not sure it should. And if it does it should ONLY show ones this user/machine has logged into before.

Otherwise, it would be revealing Business Spaces on the server that we wouldn't want it to show. (ie: Something they don't have access to)

Just an FYI, not an urgent issue.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The configuration problem is fixed starting from build 841
Aware IM Support Team