Access Level HTML Attribute Tag Issue

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
PEFS

Access Level HTML Attribute Tag Issue

Post by PEFS »

If I set an attribute's access to 'Not available' for a specific Access Level users with that Access Level are still able to view Attributes that are displayed in a form for that attribute when displayed as a tag in HTML.

The example that I currently have is that the SSN is to be unavailable for users that have an Access Level of AL1. I have set the SSN attribute to 'Not available' for that Access Level. This adjustment removes the SSN attribute from grids, forms and custom queries which is perfect but the client tab has the following in the miscellaneous section on the form 'Client - <<Client.SSN>>' for the form caption. Unfortunately, the user can still see the SSN.

The easy fix would be to remove this from the form but unfortunately there are over 125 locations in this BSV that are leveraging the HTML and attribute tag functionality. There are several that are required to be hidden as they are considered personal identifiable information and may not be displayed or available to users with an assigned access level with the restriction.

This appears to be a bug because the Access Level functionality seems to work for all other controls except HTML attribute tags.

Hopefully this bug can be corrected in newer version of the product.
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

You could create a new field called <<Client.SSNHtml>> which would be blank if Access Level<>AL1...
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Not sure that I follow you...

This idea would still not work based on the bug reported. Try it for yourself and let me know if you experience different behavior.
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

As far I know you can't have conditional functions for HTML tags, I was suggesting the following :

BO : Client
Fields :
Client.AccessLevel
Client.SSN
Client.SSNHtml ( set default value as "-" for example )

Set a rule :
If Client.AccessLevel<>'AL1' Then Client.SSNHtml=Client.SSN
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at that and see if it will work.

I still believe that what was originally reported is a bug. Haven't tried tags in reports and merged docs but I am guessing that these will also not work because of the bug.
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

Reports are not a problem, you can use the conditional functions when you design them in AwareIM.
PEFS

Post by PEFS »

I get what you are saying but maybe you do not realize that I am talking about a very large bsv that is already built and deployed to a client...nice ideas but it will not cut it for existing applications without hours of re-working and confusion to the client.

This is why I consider this to be a bug and not something that a workaround will correct.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is fixed in build 1546
Aware IM Support Team