Configuration Tool Small Bug

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Configuration Tool Small Bug

Post by ab042 »

When you first bring up the Configuration tool it ask for a login and Business Space name.

In my case, I've been testing a lot and the DEFAULT Business Space name is one that I deleted days ago. In fact there is a FULL LIST on non-existing Business Space names in this list.

Is there a way to clear them?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is rather a strange. A list is given to the Configuration Tool by the server, which goes through the EXISTING business spaces and so there should be no reason to clear them. I can't explain the fact that you see NON-EXISTING business spaces - maybe it's some weird bug.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Its not a major issue.
But if there is something you want me to check or send you let me know.

Thanks
ab042

Post by ab042 »

How do I clean out All the Data in the files and leave the Business Spaces App that I've been working on?

I just noticed if I'm in the Library Sample App and Logout. It takes me to a login screen that doesn't ask for a Business Space name. If I login using that login screen it takes me to a Business Space with No menu's or anywhere to go (without error) that I deleted sometime ago?

How can I cleanout the OLD Business Spaces that are no longer on my Conf Tool screen that I deleted days ago??

And that takes me to my next question. How is the app and data stored. I'm hoping its in two different files for EACH BUSINESS SPACE. Otherwise, I'm assuming there is no way to backup data for one app?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

How do I clean out All the Data in the files and leave the Business Spaces App that I've been working on?
When you delete a business space using Delete from the Configuration Tool Aware IM physically deletes everything related to the business space - both configuration and data. There is absolutely no way that you can log into the deleted business space or see it in any list. So when you are saying that you have deleted the business space - do you mean that you physically deleted it from the Configuration Tool?

There is another aspect of it - that is, visibility of a business space from other business spaces. This is controlled by "Visible to all" flag in the properties of a business space. If a business space is not visible to all you will not see it anywhere, other than when you log into it. So the business spaces you see in a list may be invisible rather than deleted. If they are, you have to log into them and either delete them using Delete or make them visible to all by checking the corresponding flag in the properties.

I just noticed if I'm in the Library Sample App and Logout. It takes me to a login screen that doesn't ask for a Business Space name. If I login using that login screen it takes me to a Business Space with No menu's or anywhere to go (without error) that I deleted sometime ago?
It is unlikely to have been deleted, otherwise Aware IM wouldn't have been able to log into it. See the answer to the previous question.

How can I cleanout the OLD Business Spaces that are no longer on my Conf Tool screen that I deleted days ago??
See the answer to the first question.

And that takes me to my next question. How is the app and data stored. I'm hoping its in two different files for EACH BUSINESS SPACE. Otherwise, I'm assuming there is no way to backup data for one app?
Each business object is stored in its own database table. The name of the database table has the name of a business space as prefix so it is easy to distinguish them, for example MyBusinessSpace_Employee
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

You are correct. They the Visible to all was UNCHECKED.

I've been able to delete one of them and the other I need to show.

I can't get to the Visible to All field, to select it. In fact I can't even get to the Description field on the Business Space page. So I assume its a security thing, but I don't know what to change. I am logged in as Admin and can edit anything else in the app.

And then the the first item on the list was asking. How do I purge all the data from one Business Space and leave the app. This way I can start the app fresh, without any data in it.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is actually a bug. It has now beed fixed and the fix is available starting from build 840.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

> And then the the first item on the list was asking. How do I purge all the data from one Business Space and leave the app. This way I can start the app fresh, without any data in it.
Use the Test mode. It was specifically designed for this. When you publish a business space version in Test mode you can choose whether to keep the existing test data. If for some reasons you need to delete operation data from the Main mode, follow these steps using Configuration Tool:
1) Export the latest business space version configuration from the business space into a BSV file.
2) Delete the business space.
3) Create the business space again.
4) Import the business space configuration from BSV file into the newly created business space.

Note that deleting a business space will also delete all configuration versions. If you want to keep older configuration versions you will need to export them separately before deleting the business space.
Aware IM Support Team