Queries Question when hitting ENTER

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

Queries Question when hitting ENTER

Post by ab042 »

If I go to a QUERY screen and type my search information and hit ENTER on the keyboard.

The screen goes aware like a search is being preformed and nothing returns. If I click on the SEARCH button it does the same thing but does return data.

Because I'm just learning its possible that its ME but if anyone else has noticed can you please put on the WISH LIST the ENTER key should return an error or do the same as clicking on the SEARCH button.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, this is a bug. When focus in in a text box, hitting the Search button produces an empty screen. If, however, the focus is elsewhere (for example, on the radio button) it works as expected.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Thanks.
What is the average time between bug fix's and/or releases?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

For many bugs that we think are serious or that are important to our clients we issue a patch on the next day or even earlier (provided that the bug can be fixed in this time frame - the majority of bugs can be). You can check this forum to verify this.
Aware IM Support Team
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

would it be possible to offer these bug-fixes in the form of a small patch file instead of having to download the whole AwareIM application every time ?

Thanks,
Hubertus
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes. In most cases we should be able to provide just one .jar file (around 3.5M), so we'll set up an area on the web site to access these jar's.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Do you or can you provide a Version update list. So each new version that comes out has a Date Released, Version (Major&Minor) and a item list of feature or bug fixes that the verson includes?

I looked around and didn't see it but I did notice the build number changed and I redownloaded the trial and reinstalled it. Not sure if anything I need is in it or not because I can't find a List of changes.

Just a suggestion. Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We will.
Aware IM Support Team
greg

Post by greg »

I also noticed this problem with ME. Hitting ENTER is equivalent to clicking on Search in Nestcape/Mozilla on WinPC.