Problem with publishing; creating database table

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
gmaya

Problem with publishing; creating database table

Post by gmaya »

13 June 2006 Problem with AwareIM
I got AwareIM to sort of work, but it gives me the error at the bottom of the Word document. I had to restore the database in MySQL to get it to work at all. I still get the top error when I try to publish.
Thanks,
Rob
+++++++++++++++++++++
This is the error we got when trying to publish the newest version
"Exception changing status of the business space version Aware IM server encountered the following error. Error creating data base tables Table "bastestdomainmission_assignment' already exists."

This is the error after deleting the database
"There was an internal problem while starting the Aware IM server. Please report the following error message to Awaresoft: Internal problem when initialising server components null"

I got it to work after restoring to a previous version, but now whenever I try to edit anything I get this error.

"AwareIM server encountered the following error. Business space does not have any versions defined."
[/img]
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I got AwareIM to sort of work, but it gives me the error at the bottom of the Word document
Which document are you referring to here?

"There was an internal problem while starting the Aware IM server. Please report the following error message to Awaresoft: Internal problem when initialising server components null"
"AwareIM server encountered the following error. Business space does not have any versions defined."

These two errors indicate a serious inconsistency in the structure of the database. Most likely cause is that you did not restore the database properly. Which databases did you back up and how did you restore them? Generally, you should not delete the database unless you really know what you are doing. If you encounter a problem while publishing a version let us know and don't try to rectify it yourself.

Try the following if you are working with the test version only (which seems to be the case)
1) Export your configuration into a BSV file (we recommend doing it each time before you publish the version)
2) Create a new business space
3) Import the BSV file into the new business space
4) Work with the new business space (you can delete the old one afterwards)
Aware IM Support Team