single computer mulitple access problem

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tkilshaw

single computer mulitple access problem

Post by tkilshaw »

Using FireFox 1.5.0.3 Jack logged in to our CAT program, running on Windows XP in standalone operation.

He logged in with one browser window as a SalesManager and using a separate browser window he logged in as a SalesPerson. When he switched from SalesManager browser window to SalesPerson window, that window, after clicking one of the main menu buttons to showed forms from the SalesManager's visual perspective!

So he now had two windows accessing the same account when he started with two windows accessing two differerent accounts.

This is not so good. A key value of using web access is that anyone should be able to access the system from anywhere. But if I am siting in Jack's office and he is logged into aware and I also want to log into aware with my own login then we have a serious problem.

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Terry,

please rest assured that there is no conceptual problem in Aware IM with this. Aware IM has been designed to support multi-user, multi-browser access. The symptoms you describe obviously sound like a bug. We have unsuccessfully tried to reproduce it.

Could you please provide more details (steps) that are required to reproduce the problem? Specifically, which button has been clicked and which forms of the other person's visual perspective have been shown?
Aware IM Support Team