simple queries on related objects not working

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
mraath

simple queries on related objects not working

Post by mraath »

Hi
I have simple form queries that lookup data from related objects using LoggedInObject.LoginName as a parameter value.
The rest of the parameters are of type RUNTIME.

Non of these queries are working.

Please would someone verify.
Thanks
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
tford

Post by tford »

mraath,

I have something like that working in V4 build 1128. If you want me to send you the test bsv, PM me your email address.

Tom
mraath

Simple Queries - inconsistent results

Post by mraath »

Hi Tom
It doesn't seem to work consistently.
For attributes of number type it sometimes finds data.If it finds data it does not return all instances.
With alphanumeric field searches i get results, but am concerned that not all instances are returned.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Marcus
[email protected]

tford wrote:mraath,

I have something like that working in V4 build 1128. If you want me to send you the test bsv, PM me your email address.

Tom
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
tford

Post by tford »

Marcus,

If you suspect a bug, the best way to handle it is to create a test bsv that isolates the issue and send it to [email protected].

It's easiest for them to followup if you can give them the specific steps to follow in your test bsv to duplicate your issue. When I send things to them I also even tell them what test data to enter if that matters (which in this case it seems like it might).

Tom
mraath

V3 and V4 queries work differently

Post by mraath »

I have checked my application on the old url and it works 100%.
On the v4 link it produces inconsistent results.
V4 has definitely got a bug when executing queries.

I have emailed support a link to my application so they can verify.
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We have investigated the issue and the differences between two versions is due to the different interpretation of a Yes/No attribute. When a form is displayed to the user the old interface shows this attribute as text, whereas the new interface shows it as a checkbox. Consequently if you do not tick the checkbox the new interface interprets the value as "off" whereas the old interface interprets it as "undefined". So the new interface only looks for documents with customcollection set to "no". It is really subject to the interpretation of the checkbox value.
Aware IM Support Team
mraath

Post by mraath »

Support
There are many documents where customer collection is set to 'no' which are not showing in the V4 link.
Please have another look.
The BSV has not filtering logic other than the run time parameter form which is presented to the user.

aware_support wrote:We have investigated the issue and the differences between two versions is due to the different interpretation of a Yes/No attribute. When a form is displayed to the user the old interface shows this attribute as text, whereas the new interface shows it as a checkbox. Consequently if you do not tick the checkbox the new interface interprets the value as "off" whereas the old interface interprets it as "undefined". So the new interface only looks for documents with customcollection set to "no". It is really subject to the interpretation of the checkbox value.
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
tford

Post by tford »

Marcus,

Have you tried find all the instances where CustomerCollection is UNDEFINED and turn them to "No".

It seems like you will need to do that to make your V4 query work as your V3 query did.

Tom