Defining Custom Form Sections

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tkilshaw

Defining Custom Form Sections

Post by tkilshaw »

I took a simple form with a single section. I exported the section and looked at it in a browser. It had no styles. It was displayed in gray. The original two columns were shown as a single column.

I added a new section to the original form, and imported the code I had just exported with no changes.

I ran my program and displayed the original form, which now had a new tab for the section that was imported. I clicked on the tab and got the following message:

/BASTestDomainCAT_tm_Account_1180_Simple Find_SalesManager_SalesManager_3_test2.jsp(104,45) quote symbol expected

I tried the same thing with another form and got a similar message.

Since the ability to make custom form sections is a very important part of Aware for us I'd appreciate having some more documentation about how they work. The single page in the user manual is very scanty. In particular, I'd like to see see some kind of worked example that uses reference attributes, and some discussion about any limitations that may exist with respect to reference attributes and choice lists.

For example, in one section I exported all the values for the choice lists were in it. Does that mean that custom form sections must use those hardwired values and that changes in the configurator or in the new runtime editable value lists will not be effective in such custom form sections?

I'd also like to have the exported form section look the same after export as it does inside Aware.

I think that you also need to consider the quality of the HTML that Aware generates. Upper case and lower case tags are mixed everywhere. I know that HTML is case insensitive, but it looks bad and is not good preparation of XHTML, which will gain more currency as time passes.

Also there is no DOCTYPE declaration, which makes certain types of behaviour undefined in different browsers.

thanks,

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The problem with custom form sections is now fixed starting from build 772.
Aware IM Support Team