Designing Documents on Macintosh

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Tom Morrison

Designing Documents on Macintosh

Post by Tom Morrison »

I seem to have problems resizing bands in reports. I'm using a Macintosh (10.4.6) system and seemingly have no other problems with AwareIM. Is this a known problem?

I've seen a few other references to limitations or bugs in OS X. Are these summarized anywhere?

Thanks!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Tom,

we were not aware of this problem before, so thanks for discovering it! The problem is Mac OS X specific. We will be fixing it shortly and we will post a message on this forum when the patch is available.

In the meantime you can use the following workaround to change the height of a band:
1) Hold down Apple key and click on the band's header (this simulates right mouse click on Mac)
2) This should bring up the dialog where you can numerically change the height. When you click OK the bands will be redrawn with a new height.

We are not aware of any other Mac specific problems.

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We could not fix the problem easily as the problem is due to the limitation of Java for Mac OS-X.

We have switched off the dragging capability for Mac OS-X (starting from build 772). Please use the Bands dialog to change the height of a band.
Aware IM Support Team