Access to remote configuration tool denied after upgrade

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
greg

Access to remote configuration tool denied after upgrade

Post by greg »

I have upgraded AwareIM on a remote Win2003 server from ver. 1.3 to ver. 1.5. After the upgrade I can still login to operation mode but I when I try to login to Configuration tool I get an error message:

Error establishing connection with the server. ERROR org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.JMSSink - init() failed with JMS Queue/Topic PublishException and so on.

Do I need to change some configuration files on the server? Also do I still need to change something in startupOptions.props in order to be able to run WORD? I use startupOptions.props in Aware\bin to increase Tomcat memory allocation.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Check for the old BASServer.props.old file (before the upgrade) and restore it (you will need to restart Aware IM after that).

Alternatively check the existing settings of the BASServer.props file on your server.

Search for 1099. If the corresponding property says localhost:1099 replace "localhost" with the network name of IP address of the server (you will need to re-start the server after that). This should fix the problem. '

You don't need to change startupOptions.props to be able to run Word unless you are using the old version of startupOptions.props file which had the problem. Please also double check that your startupOptions.props file is in BIN directory. If not, copy the one from SAMPLES directory and modify the settings to increase memory for Tomcat.
Aware IM Support Team