LoginNotification woes

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tkilshaw

LoginNotification woes

Post by tkilshaw »

I added a LoginNotification that has the following rule for when login notification is received:

If LoginNotification.LoginName<>'admin' AND LoggedInRegularUser.Active='No' Then
REPORT ERROR 'Access denied. Account is not active.'

The rule is run and evaluates correctly according to the log, but no error message is displayed and the user is logged into the system.

Perhaps I'm doing this the wrong way. What is the right way to refuse access to a user?

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Terry,

LoginNotification is not the way to do it - a notification is only supposed to inform and does not imply any reply, such as denying access.

What you could do is create an initialisation process that you would invoke for all visual perspectives except the admin. perspective. The rule in the process could just have the following check:

If LoggedInRegularUser.Active='No' Then REPORT ERROR ...

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

What is an initialization process?

Is that a special kind of process?

How is it made?

thanks,

Terry
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

OK. I found it and it works.

thanks,

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Terry,

you have already made one in your configuration. The initialization process is just an ordinary process that can be run when a visual perspective starts up. If you go to the Visual Perspective screen you can tick a box to run initialization process on startup and select the process to run.

So if you create an ordinary process with a single rule as described in the previous e-mail and tick all the visual perspectives except 'admin' to run this process, it will deny access to inactive users.

Best Regards
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Looks like I posted my reply at the same time you provided yours.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I can't for the life of me get REPORT ERROR to display a message when it's in the Initialise process.

It appears to fire and restrict login but it does not display the REPORT ERROR message. It simple returns to the logon screen.

Can someone please verify and advise if "REPORT ERROR" works with build 852 in the Initialise process.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This has now been fixed starting from build 855
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

THANK YOU!!

FYI. Under ver 855 if you attempt to login with the wrong user name it shows "null" and should say "Invaild login attempt" or something.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You are right. The "null" problem is fixed starting from build 856.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I believe Logon is reverting to 1st domain.

I just noticed this in build 860, but it may appear in others.
If you use a domain on the URL, using the LogonOp.do option. Example: ......../logonOp.do?domain=testdomain

If you login the first time everything works fine. However, if you mistype something and you get the "Invalid credentials or access denied, please try again" error message the URL has now dropped the domain and you will then be attempting to login to a totally different domain.

I haven't checked the other logonGuest.do, logon.do .... but it is a problem with logon.Op.do and maybe the others.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This should be fixed starting from build 862
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Same issue

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
I am having exactly the same issue. Any idea when the new release will be out with the fix?
Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Pete,

this build is already out.

Just download the latest evaluation version from our web site and install it on top of your version - your product key will not be affected.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Great thanks. Do the release announcements normally get mailed out to everyone. I am in the habit lately of checking out the forum everyday but I haven't thought to check the version number of the evaluation version. Is there a log viewable anywhere that describes the release notes (fixes and improvements)
Thanks again.