Getting back to the list view from a form

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ACDC

Getting back to the list view from a form

Post by ACDC »

I am having great difficulty with the back button not returning to the original list view. Am I the only one with this problem ? I posted this in the Problem area of the forum and no response or acknowledgment that this is a known problem.

When editing an object there is normally a "Switch to list View" on the form . However, if you deviate for while and run a process from the operation bar on the form and then return to the form, this option Disappears leaving you with the only option of the Back Button. The back button does not work from hereon, as it takes you back to the Main page, when it should take you to the list view from whence you came - I don't want to go there!!!

Support Is there way round this ? or is this a known problem , or should I purchase a support ticket to resolve this
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is a known problem. Don't purchase a support ticket - we won't be able to fix it easily.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

If its a known problem and unsolvable , I am tempted to stay away from running a process from the form, but that would be a pity as it negates the this very dynamic feature and reduces functionality in the application

Is it not possible to somehow place a View Query in the process so it knows where to go. This would at least some functionality

Something like ..

EDIT Account using Form1
VIEW Account
View Query 'Name'

Theres got to be some kind of workaround here, maybe disabling the buttons and placing a custom button on the form linking to a query.

:cry:
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This was fixed in build 1039
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

Is this the same problem as when you run a query and sort your selection in the list; and then click edit on one item and the again back:

and when you returns to the list it´s no longer sorted?

If it is it´s good that is is solved, if not, can it be fiexed? It is pretty anoying!

/Rem