could not establish connection with the database BASDB

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ballplayermark

could not establish connection with the database BASDB

Post by ballplayermark »

I am getting this error during setup (using SQL Server). I modified the prop file according to the instructions. SQL Server has tcp/ip enabled and is running in mixed mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Are you running the evaluation version? If so, this version only supports SQL Express and MSDE. It does not support SQL Server.

If you want to evaluate the product you can do so with the default database (Derby). Rest assured that the production version will work in exactly the same way with SQL Server
Aware IM Support Team
ballplayermark

Post by ballplayermark »

I created the database BASDB and setup the access rights, and am now able to get the control panel to startup with "AWARE IM System is active and functional".

Now I am having a problem accessing localhost:8080

I have looked on the internet for ways to make this available without much success.

Any idea what the problem could be? I went to firewall settings and added port 8080 to the "eceptions", but this did not help.

Thanks,

Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is no doubt that this is related to the blockage of port 8080. So you need to read documentation of your firewall or any other protection software that you are using.

Alternatively you can run Aware IM on the standard port 80 (which is usually unblocked). To do this modify the file server.xml located in AwareIM/Tomcat/conf directory. Search for 8080 and replace it with 80. You need to make sure that no other software is running on port 80.

You can then start Aware IM using URL http://localhost/AwareIM/logon.jsp
Aware IM Support Team