Business Space version integrity checker issue on server

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tford

Business Space version integrity checker issue on server

Post by tford »

Support,

Urgent help needed.

I have a BSV that I have tested on my laptop & run the Integrity Checker with no errors.

When I attempt to "Upload Version" to a Business Space on my live server, I get a message: Business Space is inconsistent and can not be published. Please run integrity checker..."

I am running build 1027 on both units.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Support,

I watched the logs this time while running Standard | Upload Version & saw the following error:

Exception getting number of registered users java.lang.ClassCastException null

Please advise next steps.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Support,

Very strange resolution. I ftp'd my bsv up to the server & created a new test business space. I used "import" instead of "upload version" function. I was then ran integrity check on the imported BSV & found that I had used a reserved word "Show" as a BO attribute.

After changing it to "ShowMe" on my laptop, exporting to my hard drive, I was then able to use the "Upload version" function again.

1- Do you have any idea why the integrity checker on my laptop (both using build 1027) did not find this?

2- Suggestion: when I used "Show" as a BO attribute, I should have received a message that it was a reserved word.

Thanks,
Tom
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Reserved words are specific to each database (i.e. Derby, MySQL, etc.). If you use different databases with Aware IM on different computers you need to run the integrity check on both.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks for clearing up the mystery.

You might want to consider having ALL reserved words for ALL AwareIM supported databases be considered off limits for use in AwareIM. It would make life easier for us as users.

This little speed bump made me miss a conference call with a client.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

One other idea is to WARN users creating BO attributes that attribute xyz is considered a reserve word by some databases --- much like the warnings when constructing queries when a user includes a BO that does not make sense in the context of that query.

Tom