Problem with Startupoptions.props File

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Marianne Wyatt

Problem with Startupoptions.props File

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

I was having a memory problem and Aware had me put the startupoptions.props file in the AwareIM/bin directory. That worked great until I found that I did not have the ability to create a Word document in my business space OR edit a Word document that was already there. The Word document worked fine in the application in operation mode. I just couldn't edit or create one. When I remove the startupoptions.props file, I then have the ability to create and edit Word documents.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is a small problem in the sample startupOptions.props file that is causing this behaviour. We will be fixing it shortly. In the meantime you can do the following:

1) Open startupOptions.props file with any text editor
2) Modify the line that starts with
CONFIG_TOOL_STARTUP=...
Add the following string ../Tomcat/shared/lib/jacob.jar; right before ../JDK/lib/tools.jar; so that the beginning of the string looks like:

CONFIG_TOOL_STARTUP=..\\JDK\\bin\\java -Xmx128m -Xms20m -classpath ../Tomcat/shared/lib/jacob.jar;../JDK/lib/tools.jar;../JBoss/client/jnp-client.jar;... etc

This should fix the problem.
Aware IM Support Team
greg

Post by greg »

Does this mean that with the current startupoptions.props file AwareIM can use WORD to create a report but a user cannot run WORD on the server?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, it's the other way around. The problem only affects the Configuration Tool. End users working in the Operation Mode are not affected.
Aware IM Support Team