Error message clues needed: Infinite Loop Creating New Page

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tford

Error message clues needed: Infinite Loop Creating New Page

Post by tford »

I am getting the following report periodically on 1 particular report:

"Operation error. Error filling report ../DocTemplates/LifeLink_RSR_77.0/DocTemplates/119/119/RDDoc6481.rdd Infinite loop creating new page."

Can you give me some clues as to the possible reasons for this message? A few particular instances of the BO being reported seem to trigger the error message. The strange thing is that when those instances are chosen from a different query, they don't trigger the message.

I just need some clues as to where to look / how to problem solve from here.

Thanks much!
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

dori.jasper.engine.JRException: Infinite loop creating new page.

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1058)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1099)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:1187)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillGroupHeaderReprint(JRVerticalFiller.java:632)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillGroupHeadersReprint(JRVerticalFiller.java:602)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1083)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1099)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBand(JRVerticalFiller.java:1187)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillGroupHeader(JRVerticalFiller.java:586)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillGroupHeaders(JRVerticalFiller.java:531)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportContent(JRVerticalFiller.java:301)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:186)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:524)

at dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:159)

at dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:350)

at dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:290)

at com.bas.basserver.documents.JasperReportsEngine.fillWithData(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.documents.b.a(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.executionengine.q.a(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.executionengine.ExecutionEngine.fillWithData(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.bsmanager.e.if(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.bsmanager.e.a(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.bsmanager.e.a(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.basserver.iopipes.ComponentSink.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.openadaptor.adaptor.STPipelineController.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.openadaptor.NonTransactionalController.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.openadaptor.adaptor.AbstractSimplePipe.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.openadaptor.adaptor.STPipelineController.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.openadaptor.NonTransactionalController.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.openadaptor.adaptor.AbstractSimpleSource.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at org.openadaptor.adaptor.AbstractSimpleSource.sourceProcess(Unknown Source)

at org.openadaptor.adaptor.AbstractSimpleSource.sourceProcess(Unknown Source)

at com.bas.openadaptor.a$a.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

dori.jasper.engine.JRException: Infinite loop creating new page.
tford

Post by tford »

I finally tracked down the problem. I had a subreport that was sized larger than the "master" report. The "master" report was Landscape letter and when I changed the subreport to landscape, I forgot to change it from the default of A4 to letter.

The confusion came when some sets of data created perfect PDFs while other sets of data resulted in the error message.

Just be very careful of the size of your subreports compared to your "master" reports.

I also learned along the way that if you want the left margin of your subreport to be even with the left margin of the "master" report, you need to set the left margin of the subreport to zero. In fact, on subreports it seems to me that it's usually best to have all margins set to zero & control the spacing by the placement of the subreport element within the "master" report.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

I still am getting the error message on 1 report & still trying to troubleshoot. If my notes trigger any new insights from support, they would be welcome. :D

Thanks,
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

I had this error again on a report & want to report resolution for others that may encouter it in the future.

I had incorrectly placed a sub-report element on the Details band of a report. When I moved the sub-report element to a Column header band, the error message disappeared & the report worked properly.

Tom
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi Tom,

I see you posted this way back in 2007.

Just wondering if you have ever seen it since.

Exactly the same error has arrived in my application and I have already checked your remedies to no avail.

Wondering if you might have found out more regarding the issue in the last 5 years?
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

Sorry Mark, I don't have any other words of wisdom for you other than the resolutions that I documented.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx Tom.

Will keep fiddling with it.

All the best for 2014. Your posts are most helpful and appreciated.
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

All the best to you as well, Mark.

I'm glad to be able to contribute a bit of what I've learned as many others (especially Pete) helped me along the way as I learned the ropes of AwareIM.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi Tom,

Just a follow up on this issue.

I have resolved it but not as I expected.

Just to explain what I was doing.....

I have 3 BOs...

1. Entity
2. RegularUser
3. LeaveAssignment

RegularUsers belong to an Entity
LeaveAssignments are owned by RegularUsers

I wanted a report that, for each Entity selected produce a report showing each RegularUser who belonged to that Entity and all of the LeaveAssignments for each RegularUser.

My original design and thinking was that I needed a Master Report for the Entity and then a SubReport for the RegularUsers and then inside that SubReport, another SubReport for that RegularUsers LeaveAssignments.

I guess therein lied the problem. Seems you cannot have a SubReport inside a SubReport.

I change the design to simply be a single Master Report with the Query finding all the LeaveAssignments, Grouped by the LeaveAssignment Owner and only LeaveAssignment Owners who belong to that Entity.

As is often the case, the problem is trying to make things to complicated.

Simple is best.

I would however be interested if you or someone else can confirm or otherwise if it is possible to have nested SubReports?
Cheers,
Mark
customaware

Re: Error message clues needed: Infinite Loop Creating New P

Post by customaware »

Arrrgggghhhh!

This damn error has cropped up again....

I have a main report and a sub-report.

Main Report is a single EmployeeSalaryPeriod BO that has a Peer Many Reference to EmployeeDailyLabourHours BO

EmployeeSalaryPeriod
pm_EmployeeDailyLabourHours

EmployeeDailyLabourHours
ps_EmployeeSalaryPeriod

The Main Report is called with a single EmployeeSalaryPeriod in context. A4 Landscape. 842 X 595

The SubReport (Landscape. 800 X 40)
Query:

FIND EmployeeDailyLabourHours WHERE EmployeeDailyLabourHours.ps_EmployeeSalaryPeriod=EmployeeSalaryPeriod ORDER BY EmployeeDailyLabourHours.Date

Keep getting error: Infinite Loop Creating New Page

This is a pretty simple straight forward report and the logs provide no clue as to what could be the problem.

V8.0

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated please.
Cheers,
Mark