Problem Exporting

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Marianne Wyatt

Problem Exporting

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

I have a Business Space that has 23 documents in it that are approximately 50-60 pages each (with more the come). I had posted the question wondering if there was a limit for the amount of documents or total size of documents and I was told by Aware that there is no limit (other than what the server or operating system is capable of). I can test the Business Space and also put it into production and everything works great. But if I try to export to a bsv file (so I can work locally on my PC at home), it will no export. I don't get any error. It just looks like it completed but then when I got to find the file, it is not there.

Have you seen this before?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, we haven't seen this problem before. Could you please do the following:
a) Export the business space version like you did
b) When you do not get any export file go to the Aware IM Control Panel and click on the View button next to Configuration Tool entry. E-mail the contents of the window to [email protected]
c) Click on the View button next to the Aware IM Server entry and do the same thing - email the contents of this window to us.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

After inspecting the files you sent us we can say that the system is running out of memory when trying to export your business space version.

There is a way to allocate more memory to the Configuration Tool on startup. There is a startupOptions.props file located in the SAMPLES directory of your Aware IM installation that you can modify and place into the BIN directory to let Aware IM use the startup options specified in this file.

By adding the -Xmx128M option to the Configuration Tool startup command line you can override the default value of 64M. You can increase this figure further (up to 256M, for example) if you have enough memory on your machine.

Please let me know if it helps.
Aware IM Support Team
Marianne Wyatt

Post by Marianne Wyatt »

Worked like a charm. Thanks so much.