Configuration tool runs SLOW!

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
aanders1977

Configuration tool runs SLOW!

Post by aanders1977 »

I was using AwareIM on a different computer earlier. The configuration tool ran smooth, with almost no waiting time.

Now I've installed AwareIM (test version) on my brand new Dell Inspirion, and at times it runs incredibly slow! For instance when saving a Business object it takes 2-3 seconds to update the menus etc before I can perform the next mouse action.

What is even more strange, is that it can suddenly "speed up" to normal speed, and I have no idea what is causing this. Yesterday I noticed that the speed-up happened at the same time as I was logging on to MSN Messenger, but that did not do the trick today.

What can be causing this?

Anders
Norway
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

One thing that comes to mind immediately is memory. How much memory does the new computer have? Is it running Vista? Vista is known to be very memory hungry and it takes up to 500 Mb of RAM. So if your computer has 512M of memory you have very little memory left for applications. Lack of memory would cause the Configuration Tool to behave like this.
Aware IM Support Team
aanders1977

Memory

Post by aanders1977 »

I have 2GB of installed memory and I am running Windows XP, so the problem must lie elsewhere. I don't have any memory-hungry applications running either.
aanders1977

Strange!

Post by aanders1977 »

This is VERY strange! I was starting Windows Media Player now, and Aware IM suddenly runs at normal speed!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Well, it is very hard to say what's wrong - it is very unlikely that the problem is Aware IM-related. Maybe you have some application running on your machine that slows things down?
Aware IM Support Team