BS Minor versions have renumbered as Major Versions

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
jclark58

BS Minor versions have renumbered as Major Versions

Post by jclark58 »

I just opened my Configuration Editor to find that my Business Space versions have been renumbered. Where I had about 6 Major Versions with several Minor Versions in each and notes that correspond to each version I now have forty odd Major versions that overflow the screen vertically and my version notes no longer relate.

How might this have happened and is it possible to undo it?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is next to impossible. Are you sure you had minor versions instead of major versions???
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

Next to impossible is what I seem to be able to do routinely.

Some call me the Test Monkey - I can usually get software to do weird stuff. (It would be good if I could get someone to Pay for that ability)

Anyway, as I need a copy of my live data to test on I have copied the production database onto the dev machine, and instead of using the Test function (having already got a smack for copying my BASDB over BASTESTDB) I have been Publishing each minor change and incrementing the minor version next time I need to do an edit.

Upon looking back it occurred one change after installing build 947.
The issue is not that important but I thought you might like to know. I can send in log files etc if you want to follow it up.