"...locked by admin" message

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tford

"...locked by admin" message

Post by tford »

I have a BSV that indicates it is "under test". I am able to log in and out of the BSV in test mode in IE.

When I try to the "Lock for Editing" command on the BSV, I receive the following message "Aware IM server encountered the following error .Business space version is locked by admin".

Thankfully I was able to export the BSV & import into another BSV name so I could continue to work.

Please advise how to resolve the error message.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You try to lock the version that is already locked (by "admin" user). You need to unlock it first and then lock.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks! I'm not sure how I missed that obvious "next step".

I have no idea how the system ended up in that condition in the first place. What I see now is that when a BSV is "locked", the "Lock for Editing" menu option is greyed out. That was not true until I clicked on the followed your suggestion, then locked it again.

Tom
Mark HHP

Re: "...locked by admin" message

Post by Mark HHP »

Even though this quite an old post, I just got the same issue. I put it into testing mode and when I tried to take it out, it wouldn't let me. All of the options were greyed out. I had to create a new minor version and as soon as I put that into test, the other one dropped out of testing mode. Very strange as it had been working fine in the weeks leading up to this.
Mark
Running V5.7 (Build 1714) Linux Server. MySQL
4xjbh

Re: "...locked by admin" message

Post by 4xjbh »

Even though this quite an old post, I just got the same issue. I put it into testing mode and when I tried to take it out, it wouldn't let me. All of the options were greyed out. I had to create a new minor version and as soon as I put that into test, the other one dropped out of testing mode. Very strange as it had been working fine in the weeks leading up to this.
Just happened to me..
Regards, James

AwareIM 7.1 on AWS - Beware I'm a AwareIM noob. Anything I help you with might make the hole your in deeper.