Syntax Error at token "." (column 2). when creati

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tford

Syntax Error at token "." (column 2). when creati

Post by tford »

In trying to use a GIF image on a report, then laying attributes on top, I got the following error message when I clicked on "create":

Document Template Error
Syntax Error at token "." (column 2).

I had created a letter size report (612 x 792 pixels). I put a 611x791 GIF in the Details section & dragged all other sections (Title, Page header, etc) as small as possible. Margins all set to 0 and column setting as follows:
Number of columns 1
Width 612 points
Spacing Between Columns 0 points

I then layed 2 attributes on top of the GIF.

The Report permitted me to Save and Close. When trying to click on "Create" I got the error message.

I was able to get one other GIF with attriutes laying on top to work properly with much different parameters.

Please advise what I should do next. :D

Thanks!
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

I later tried to make all bands but the Detail band invisible.

The Detail band is now 792 pixels & all others are now 0 pixels & invisible.

I still get the same error message.

It seems strange that after I click Save & Close from the Report Design screen after setting the visibility, etc of each band --- when I click on Design again, all bands are visible again although the pixel settings are all still 0.
tford

Post by tford »

It turns out one of my attribute fields had <<>> & no field name & that must have caused the error.

Seems like the error message could be more intuitive & that the bands resetting to visible should be fixed.

Thanks,
Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, the error message is not intuitive in this case - we'll try to make it more intuitive.

The visibility of the bands currently only applies to the current session with the Report Designer - so next time you open the design bands become visible. Visibility of the bands only affects visual representation of the design - if a band is invisible it does not mean that it is not present in the design, just that you don't see it on screen.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks for the clarification on the bands. Your timely feedback is very helpful!

I suggest in a future version that the visiblity settings that a user makes would live beyond the current session.

Tom